Senior Java Developer
SMARTASSISTANT makes complex look simple for 15M+ people every year.
We offer the leading SaaS platform to build and manage digital sales assistants for the web, mobile, chatbots, voice-enabled devices, and in-store use. The platform is used by many leading retailers and brands, including Amazon, Microsoft and Canon (you can check out some examples here).
There's a lot that goes into "making complex look simple", which is why we're looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our R&D team. This is a unique opportunity to work in our buzzing office in Vienna together with our team of open-minded, genuinely caring professionals with many different backgrounds.
At SMARTASSISTANT, you will:
- Design and develop our enterprise, machine learning-based SaaS platform
- Work in a modern software development team (we use Java 8, various SQL&NoSQL databases, Git, Jenkins, Docker, ECMA6 / TypeScript, node.js, React, AWS Lambdas, code quality tools, code reviews, etc.)
- Have impact on architectural decisions, processes and the product itself
It is definitely you we’re looking for, if you possess:
- 3+ years of experience in software programming position
- Technical expertise in Java stack (incl. Hibernate and Spring) and in one of the popular relational database systems (preferably MySQL)
- Good understanding of HTTP, web applications performance and security
- Passion that drives you to deliver clean code
- Full working proficiency in English and strong communication skills
- Team-playing attitude and excellent self-organization
It would be really great if you had:
- Expertise in some SQL and/or NoSQL database systems
- Experience with Java 8, AngularJS, React, MongoDB, Docker, Memcached, AWS, Node.js, Lucene, Machine Learning approaches, etc.
- Experience with e-commerce technologies
- Minimum gross salary of €40.000/year - overpayment possible depending on qualifications and experience
- Flat structure, friendly team atmosphere and flexible working hours
- Awesome working conditions with ergonomic chairs and desks, IDE and OS of your choice (most of us choose IntelliJ :) - but if you prefer Eclipse, Netbeans, vi or whatnot - go ahead!), powerful laptop and two 24” monitors
- Budget for IT conferences, books, etc.
- Other nice little things, like fresh fruit or a lounge with a nice view whenever you need to charge your batteries
Does it sound like a perfect challenge for you? Then we look forward to receiving your resume (in English)!